How the Sound Can Benefit You:
- The sound below rhythm has been shown to increase a brain rhythm for calm attention. This is the brain rhythm we use to be aware of our surroundings, and it increases with introspection.
- you can increase this rhythm with practice by practicing the feeling of the sound that you hear from below.
- It has been shown to increase memory in adults by an average of 11% and helps work performance and mood. In adults and children with ADHD or autism, it has been shown to increase short term memory by as much as 20-30%.
How to Use:
- You can listen to it while working, watching shows, reading, relaxing, or as a background sound to other things. Listening to it by itself will have more of an effect.
- It helps to try and learn the rhythm like you learn a music rhythm, so you can remember how to make it on your own later without listening. This is a form of biofeedback with sound.
- Please only listen for up to 5 days a week with at least two days off (unless you need to listen more for chronic pain). The breaks let you sense how much you need to practice and practice on your own.
- Please only listen if it feels helpful and if the sound description fits your needs. When you listen, you agree to be responsible for how much you listen. You can start with 30 minute listening sessions in the first week to see how well it works for you.
- Please only listen while sitting, or lying down in a safe place. Please don’t listen while operating machinery, anything dangerous, or driving. Also, please only listen while sober.
- Please use headphones when you are listening where other people can hear the sounds, unless they want to use the same sounds.