fbpx

Does Medicare Cover Physical Therapy For Back Pain?

Does Medicare Cover Physical Therapy For Back Pain?

Yes, if a doctor prescribes physical therapy after surgery or as part of the recovery process, it may be covered by Medicare. But there are rules and guidelines that apply when coverage begins and ends.

Home physical therapy is a type of in-home health service provided by licensed nurses who double as physical therapists or other healthcare professionals. This service is typically covered by Medicare’s home health benefit.

At an in-home session, a physical therapist collaborates with the patient to create a treatment plan. The purpose is to increase mobility and independence at home.

Physical therapists help their patients build muscle strength and range of motion. Furthermore, they collaborate with them to prevent future injuries or discomfort.

Home physical therapists can be an ideal option for patients who have difficulty accessing healthcare facilities. Before selecting a therapist to come to you, make sure they accept Medicare and meet certain qualifications to qualify under the program.

A Medicare Advantage plan is a bundled Medicare option administered by private insurance companies. These plans typically offer the same benefits as Original Medicare, such as hospital and medical coverage, plus some may even provide prescription drug coverage.

Medicare Advantage plans often offer additional advantages like dental and vision coverage that may be beneficial to patients. Although physical therapy is usually included, there may be restrictions on which providers can be utilized and how much money they charge for services rendered.

Enrolling in a Medicare supplement plan can make an enormous difference when it comes to covering healthcare costs. Not only will your copays, deductibles and coinsurance decrease but your monthly premiums as well. With these types of plans you won’t be paying as much out-of-pocket for healthcare services either.

If you have Original Medicare, then you may have to pay a small copay for outpatient physical therapy sessions. Keep in mind that Original Medicare only covers 80 percent of these costs once your deductible has been met; thus, you must cover the remaining 20 percent out-of-pocket.

If an individual requires outpatient medically necessary physical therapy, Medicare Part B will cover 80% of the costs after they have paid their deductible. This same policy applies for any other medically necessary outpatient services like speech-language pathology, occupational therapy and chiropractic care as well.

Depending on the plan, individuals or their spouse could cover these costs. To request reimbursement from their insurance company, they will need to file paperwork. Usually, if successful, a check will arrive via postal service within a few weeks.

During an acupuncture visit, an acupuncturist will insert needles into the skin and use them to stimulate points on the body that can reduce back pain and other medical conditions. These needles have been known to treat conditions such as low back pain, arthritis, cancer-related discomfort, carpal tunnel syndrome and more.

- Try our sound therapy to lower anxiety 86%, lower insomnia or pain 77%, lower tinnitus 78%, help memory 11-29%, and more (all are averages). It is free to try and share. Repost this information to help others on other networks with the buttons below:
SoundTherapy - listen for an average of 77% less anxiety, insomnia, and pain.